HILLARY FOR AMERICA, LEAD PRODUCT DESIGNER & PRODUCT MANAGER
July 2016 - November 2016, Brooklyn
• Created a robust product roadmap for the engagement team in collaboration with engineers and digital stakeholders.
• Designer and product manager for the debate fact-checking website, which had 2 mil+ visitors and 16,000 shares after the first debate.
• Launched 5 products in 3 months ranging from a Trump text-bot, to a volunteer chrome extension, to a social donation campaign.
OPOWER, SENIOR UX DESIGN MANAGER
February 2013 - July 2016, San Francisco
• Led a 6-member design team which delivered user experiences that helped over 50 million utility customers save 11 terawatts of energy.
• Created a 3-yr product roadmap for Opower’s $100M+ demand side management business with the VP of product management and director of product marketing.
• Sole UX designer and researcher from initial user research to launch for Opower’s new SMB solution, which earned $2 million in revenue in its first year.
CALIFORNIA COLLEGE OF THE ARTS, ADJUNCT PROFESSOR
September 2014 - December 2015, San Francisco
• Developed and co-taught a semester long class on Sustainability Design for CCA’s new interaction design program, named best design program by UX Magazine in 2014.
FROG, INTERACTION DESIGNER II
June 2010 - February 2013, San Francisco
• Designed user interfaces, created product strategies, and conducted user research for Fortune 500 clients such as Disney and P&G.
FROG, INTERACTION DESIGN INTERN
June - October 2009, Amsterdam
• Participated in concept development, interaction modeling, trend research, and competitive analysis on a variety of digital products.
• Lead concept and final design for the TEDx Amsterdam Who's who's mobile app.
NOKIA, INTERACTION DESIGN INTERN
June - August 2008, Redwood City and Helsinki
• Created prototype for a home video-calling device based on generative user research sent to Helsinki to pitch it to the head of new businesses.
TRAVELMUSE, INTERACTION DESIGN INTERN
June - August 2007, Palo Alto
• Created a 60-page UI spec for a travel startup. Designed and launched a facebook app.
IDEO, TOY DESIGN & INTERACTION DESIGN INTERN
June - August 2006, Palo Alto
• Conducted qualitative and quantitative research to inform product strategy for a major retail website.
June 2010, Evanston, IL
BS in Mechanical Engineering with Design Certificate GPA: 3.52/4.00, Pi Tau Sigma ME honor society
President of Engineers for a Sustainable World, Pi Tau Sigma ME honor society, McCormick Alumni Leadership and Service Award, ME Undergraduate Leadership Award, Director’s pick Design award
TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF EINDHOVEN
September 2009 - February 2010, Eindhoven
Study abroad in Interaction design
Agile project management
Cross-functional team leadership
Personas & archetypes
Adobe creative suite